Sea scallop carpaccio with pink peppercorns and lamb's lettuce salad
- 8 large sea scallops, sliced
- FOR THE CARPACCIO MARINADE
- 1.5 g pink peppercorns, crushed
- Grape seed oil, for frying
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 5 g lemon confit, finely chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp chives, minced
- Grated zest of half an orange
- Fleur de sel and freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THE SALAD
- 300 g lamb’s lettuce
- 1/2 Golden Delicious apple, unpeeled and diced
- 2 tbsp single cream
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- A few leaves of red-veined sorrel
- 10 g chervil
- 10 g spring onions, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Slice each sea scallop into three.
Set aside in the fridge.
In a bowl, gently mix the lamb’s lettuce and sorrel leaves with the other ingredients.
Arrange on plates.
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a frying pan.
Heat gently, then remove from the heat and coat the sea scallop slices with the marinade.
Season to taste and arrange on top of the salad.
The freshness of the sea scallops is crucial. Make sure the sea scallops are served warm. Don’t forget to finish off with a twist of freshly ground black pepper.