- 130 g pre-cooked cornmeal
- 250 ml milk
- 250 ml water
- 6 g chicken stock paste (available in supermarkets)
- 30 g Parmesan, finely grated
- 120 g mozzarella, cut into small pieces
- Espelette pepper
- Grape seed oil, to drizzle
- Fleur de sel and freshly ground black pepper
Bring the milk, water and chicken paste to the boil.
Add the cornmeal, whisking constantly.
Cook for 2-3 minutes until it thickens.
Remove from the heat and add the Parmesan and mozzarella.
Add a pinch of Espelette pepper, freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste.
Arrange on a small tray lined with lightly oiled cling film.
Cover and leave to rest in the fridge for a few hours before cutting the polenta into rectangles.
Dust the pieces lightly with flour and brown in a non-stick pan with a little oil and a pinch of salt if necessary.