Leg of milk-fed lamb from the PyreneesPrint Recipe
- 2 legs Pyrenees milk-fed lamb, 700-1000 g each
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1/2 bunch savory
- 1/2 bunch lemon thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 3 carrots, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 3 onions, peeled and halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Trim the legs of lamb.
Season with salt and pepper.
Heat the grape seed oil in a pan and seal the legs until golden brown.
Add the garlic, savory, lemon thyme, bay leaves, carrots and onions.
Roast in the oven until cooked through.
Remove and allow to rest on a warm rack.
To serve, cut the lamb into thin slices, arrange on a warm plate and serve immediately with a lamb-stock gravy and vegetables such as vanilla sweet potato mash and asparagus ragout.