Bluefin tuna tartare on a pink peppercorn Isigny crème fraîche sauce
- FOR THE TARTARE
- 150 g bluefin tuna per person
- 150 ml high-quality olive oil, such as Nyons olive oil
- 3 g Camargue fleur de sel
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 7 g lemon confit, finely chopped
- 15 g spring onions, cleaned and finely chopped
- A few young coriander leaves (optional)
- FOR THE PINK PEPPERCORN CREAM
- 70 g Isigny crème fraîche
- 100 ml single cream
- 5 g chives, finely chopped
- 1.5 g pink peppercorns, crushed
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Using a large, sharp knife, cut the tuna into 1-cm slices and then into small cubes.
Place the tuna in a bowl with the rest of the tartare ingredients.
Mix with a fork and season to taste.
Store in the fridge.
Combine all the cream sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk lightly until the mixture thickens.
Place a tablespoon of pink peppercorn cream into a deep dish. Place the tuna tartare on top, using a steel ring.
Finish off with coriander leaves, a twist of black pepper and a few drops of olive oil.
To create this dish, the tuna needs to be really fresh. Select a piece from the middle of the fish. Try serving with toasted slices of baguette.